So, what is Wet & Forget?
The Wet & Forget concentrate is a unique mix of biodegradable selective fungicides that target the removal of a moss, mould, lichen and algae on any exterior surface. It is bleach free, non-acidic, non-caustic, and even biodegradable. When diluted with water and applied to a dry surface, the concentrate works by immediately attacking the growth and killing the spores. These fungicides work in conjunction with a carefully selected range of surfactants to help loosen and lift biological growth, and then Mother Nature takes over. The weathering process gently removes the decomposing growth over time without damaging the surface it has infested.
So if Wet & Forget does all that, why bother with Rapid Application?
The beauty of this concentrate is that we have provided it to you in two different formats; the Original Concentrate and Rapid Application. The description above applies to both products, as they will both provide you with the same result! The Original Concentrate is a do-it-yourself mixture that requires manual dilution into a garden or backpack sprayer, whereas the Rapid Application is a ready-to-use application system with a preset dilution rate and a hose-end feature that allows you to connect the product easily to any standard garden hose.
To specifically compare the features of each product, have a quick look at this handy table.
If you are still not sure which one is right for you, here are some tips and recommendations from us!
- For smaller or more delicate areas, such as paths, statues, headstones, steps, outdoor furniture and canvas awnings we recommend using the Wet & Forget concentrate, as you can traverse those areas with a garden or backpack sprayer easily.
- For large or hard to reach areas, such as driveways, tennis courts, decking, roofs and pool surrounds, we recommend using Rapid Application, as it is easy to carry around, can spray up to 8 metres on the jet setting, and it negates the need for ladders or scaffolding.
If you still have some unanswered queries, here are a few of our most frequently asked questions.
About the product differences:
Can I use my original Wet & Forget concentrate in the Rapid Application bottle?
- No, as the concentration of the product is different in the original Wet & Forget concentrate compared to the Rapid Application. Rapid Application is set to a different dilution rate as the active ingredient is more concentrated.
Does Rapid Application cover less of an area than the original 5L Wet & forget concentrate?
- No, the 2L Rapid Application and the 5L Wet & Forget concentrate cover the exact same area, it is just the dilution rates that are different. They both cover a minimum of 100sq metres.
Why is Rapid Application only available in a 2L bottle and not a 5L bottle, like the original Wet & Forget concentrate?
- We have made Rapid Application available in only a 2L bottle to increase the ease-of-use and application. As Rapid Application connects to a garden hose, it is easier to carry around a 2L rather than a 5L weight.
Does Rapid Application produce a result faster than the Wet & Forget concentrate?
- No, as they work in the same way.
About how the products work:
How long does it take to see a result?
- Algae disappears within days.
- Moss will turn brown within a few days, and other light growth will decompose within a few weeks.
- Black mould will noticeably improve within 4-6 months, however if the area is heavily contaminated, it will take up to 6-12 months.
- Lichen requires two applications within 15 minutes of each other and will take 8-12 months to decompose.
It has just rained, can I apply it now or do I need wait?
- Wet & Forget and Rapid Application need to be applied to a dry surface, and it is best to apply the product when there is no rain forecast for at least 12 hours, as this ‘dry weather time’ will allow for the product to work best.
How much product do I need to apply?
- It is important to thoroughly saturate the area with the diluted product, to the point of run-off, in order to achieve the best result.
I want to use Wet & Forget or Rapid Application around my garden, will my plants be affected?
- Both products are okay to use around plants provided certain protective steps are taken. When spraying the product near plants, make sure to either cover them with a tarpaulin (or something similar) or alternatively, wash the plants down with water before and after applying the product nearby. The leaves of the plant may experience a slight discolouration or spot burn if they come into contact with the product for an extended period.
To view more of our frequently asked questions about Wet & Forget, click here.
To view more of our frequently asked questions about Rapid Application, click here.
To find an answer to a question not mentioned here, please contact us.