Rapid Application Moss & Mould Remover 2L Hose-End
Rapid Application is the new and improved, ready-to-use, hose end version of the original Wet & Forget outdoor concentrate moss, mould, lichen and algae remover.
How it works
Rapid Application works in exactly the same way as the original Wet & Forget concentrate, however it has been made easier to use and faster to apply! Rapid Application has a unique combination of biodegradable selective fungicides to target moss, mould, lichen, algae, and general biological growth. Like the original Wet & Forget concentrate, Rapid Application kills the spores. The weathering process gently removes the decomposing growth over time without damaging the surface it has infested.
- Works exactly the same way as the original Wet & Forget 5L concentrate.
- Comes in an easy, ready-to-use bottle.
- Has an automatic pre-set dilution.
- Easily connects to a standard garden hose.
- Reaches up to 8 metres (2 storeys).
- Is bleach and chlorine free, non-caustic, and non-acidic.
- Has a PH of 8 (pure water has a PH of 7).
- Is non-systemic and is biodegradable.
- Requires no scrubbing or water blasting.
- Covers a minimum of 100sq metres.
- Has an unlimited shelf life.
- Kills problem spores at the source and helps prevent premature regrowth.
How to apply Rapid Application
- Sweep all leaves, dirt and other debris off the surface before application to allow maximum penetration of the active ingredients.
- Attach to a standard garden hose.
- Rapid Application is best applied in overcast, dry conditions to avoid accelerated evaporation.
- Do not apply if rain is expected within the next 6 hours.
- Spray the affected area to the point of saturation. Do not hose off.
- Keep children and pets off the treated surface until dry (normally 1-2 hours).
- Lichen requires a second application within 15 minutes of the first.
- If badly contaminated apply a second application one month after the first.
When to expect results with Rapid Application
- Algae will disappear within days.
- Moss will turn brown within a few days and other light growth will decompose within a few weeks.
- Black mould will noticeably improve within 4-6 months, however if the area is heavily contaminated it will take 6-12 months.
- Lichen requires two applications within 15 minutes of each other and will take 8-12 months to decompose.
Note: It is normal for some treated surfaces to turn an orange/brown colour after application. This discoloration indicates a good result, however it is not permanent and will soon disappear.
- You cannot use the original Wet & Forget concentrate (blue) with the Rapid Application hose-end nozzle (pink). It will not work as the dilution rates are different!
How to use the Rapid Application Nozzle
Rapid Application can be used on the following surfaces with great success.
- Colorbond roofing
- Composite decks
- Fibrolite cladding
- Fibrolite roofing
- Large sheds
- Outdoor tiles
- Polycarbonate roofing
- Pool surrounds
- Shade sails
- Sporting courts and fields
- Synthetic grass
- Tennis courts
- Terracotta roofing
- Timber decks
- Vinyl cladding
- And more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the original Wet & Forget concentrate be used in the Rapid Application bottle?
No it can't, as the dilution rate of the product is different to the original Wet & Forget concentrate.
Does Rapid Application work faster than the original Wet & Forget?
No, the time frame is exactly the same.
Is a ladder needed when cleaning a roof with Rapid Application?
The specialised nozzle feature of the Rapid Application bottle provides a spray that reaches up to 8 metres on the ‘jet spray’ setting, which is about the same as a two storey building. If the roof of the building is higher than that, you may still need a ladder or other apparatus.
Does Rapid Application cover less of an area than the original 5L Wet & Forget concentrate?
The 2L Rapid Application and the 5L Wet & Forget concentrate cover exactly the same area, it is just the dilution rates that are different. They both cover a minimum of 100sq metres.
Why is Rapid Application only available in a 2L bottle?
Rapid Application is only available in a 2L bottle to make it easy to use. Rapid Application connects to a garden hose, it is lighter to carry around 2kg rather than 5kg.
If I am on tank water, can I use Rapid Application on my roof?
You sure can, however you must disconnect the water supply to your tank for at least 10mm of rain or 2 good downpours to remove the concentrate.
Will Rapid Application affect my pets?
Keep your animals off the treated surface until the product is dry to ensure that they don’t lick any of the product. If they accidentally walk or sit in the product, wash the affected areas with fresh water as a precaution.
Will Rapid Application damage my plants?
The plants will not be affected unless you spray directly on to them, which can cause scorching of the leaves. Rapid Application is non-systemic, so it will not be taken up by the plant's root system. If over spray is likely, cover plants or hose them with fresh water before and after applying Rapid Application.
How often do I need to apply Rapid Application?
After the initial application, Rapid Application only needs to be used for maintenance. Apply at the first sign of regrowth to avoid the need for a large scale application.
Do I have to use Rapid Application all at once?
You don't have to apply to the entire area at once, just remember where you have stopped and started.
What is the shelf life of Rapid Application?
Rapid Application has an unlimited shelf life. Always turn nozzle to the "off" setting and store the bottle upright to avoid accidental leaks and keep the bottle out of reach of children.
Can I use Rapid Application around my pool?
Yes, it is fine to use on your pool surrounds. It is best applied in the coolest part of the day when the surface is dry. If you accidently get run off into the pool it won't alter the pool water balance.
How do I apply Rapid Application to a flat roof?
While you may not be able to see the entire roof up close, if you stand back from it, you should be able to see the top when you spray from a distance.
How much Rapid Application is required to clean a roof?
The average 3 bedroom tile roof is approx. 150sq metres, however because of the undulations of the tile profile the actual area is a lot bigger. Therefore, an average tile/concrete roof would require 2 x Rapid Application, depending on how porous the surface is and how much biological growth is present. For an average 3 bedroom tile roof with lichen you would require 3 x Rapid Application depending on the total area covered with lichen. For best results spot spray the lichen, leave for 15 minutes and then respray the lichen and the entire roof to ensure the lichen fully absorbs the product. The first application is to dissolve the waxy surface and the 2nd spray will then penetrate the lichen. Your roof will normally take between 6-12 months to come clean. If you are on tank water, you will need to disconnect your water supply for a minimum of 10mm of rain or 2 decent downpours to flush away any product concentrate.
How much Rapid Application is needed to cover a tennis court?
- Depending on the surface of your court you will need 4-6 x Rapid Application to cover a full-size court.
- For concrete, rebound ace and other hard surfaces, use 3-4 x Rapid Application. Thoroughly saturate the entire dry surface with Rapid Application.
- For synthetic grass, clay or loam surfaces, use 4-6 x Rapid Application. Apply to a damp (not wet) surface, e.g. after a morning dew or after a light hosing. If the court is badly contaminated the mould will need to be loosened by brushing before the Rapid Application is applied. Please note: if you can’t see the fibres of the synthetic grass through “mould crust” you will have to dislodge the crust manually before you apply Rapid Application. The court will normally take between 6-12 months to come clean.
To whom it may concern may I offer my gratitude to the quality of your product , I have a Swiss Monro black tiled roof with many off cuts creating a unique design of a house , with so many cuts in the roof line moss was growing thick and rapidly, I sourced your product and with some level of scepticism I applied the application as per the instructions. Not a lot took place initially however the moss did turn brown which was in line with the product disclaimer. Now after 12 months my roof is nearly clear of the moss , the product worked brilliantly so I am very thankful for the opportunity to use it .
Can't believe how easy it was to apply Rapid to my tennis court. Just click it on your hose and away you go!