Had a lot of rain? Learn how to stop the fungi-party.
Mould has a best friend called Moss.
And he has a couple of buddies called Lichen and Algae.
These old friends like to get together when there has been a bit of moisture in the air...and there is nothing like a reunion to get the good times going! This lot will start shopping around for a new clubhouse in all their favourite places: on your driveway, roof, deck, pavers and more.
But there is good news! With Wet & Forget, you can stop the fungi-party before it starts.
To treat affected exterior surfaces you can use Wet & Forget 5L Moss and Mould Remover. This product is a bleach-free, non-caustic and non-acidic concentrate that dilutes with water to form a gentle cleaner which gets in and kills the spores. Once the spores are no more, Wet & Forget stays on your surface and works with the weather to disintegrate leftover growth and flush it away. Wet & Forget is perfect for any exterior surface as it has an almost neutral pH, which means that it won't damage the surface. See the results for yourself!
To use Wet & Forget 5L Exterior Moss and Mould Remover concentrate, follow the below instructions:
- Sweep all leaves, dirt and other debris off the surface before application to allow for maximum penetration of the active ingredients.
- Dilute one part Wet & Forget to five parts water (1:5) in a garden or backpack sprayer.
- Spray the affected area to the point of saturation. Do not hose off.
- Apply during overcast, dry conditions to avoid accelerated evaporation.
- Do not apply if rain is expected in the next 12 hours.
- Lichen requires a second application within 15 minutes of the first.
- Keep children and pets off the treated surface until dry (normally 1-2 hours).
- If badly contaminated, apply a second application one month after the first.
To learn more about Wet & Forget, click here.
To treat affected indoor surfaces you can use Wet & Forget Indoor Mould and Mildew Sanitising Cleaner. This product is designed to treat surfaces inside the home, such as your bathroom, laundry, kitchen, and more. Not only does it kill mould and mildew spores (just like the exterior Wet & Forget concentrate), it also sanitises and deodorises. This means that it can also kill other common household germs and remove odours associates with mould and mildew. It can be used to target mould in specific areas, or used as a general multipurpose cleaner. See examples of what it can do below!
To use Wet & Forget 2L Indoor Mould and Mildew Sanitising Cleaner, follow the below instructions:
- Spray the entire surface with the ready-to-use trigger.
- Leave the product on the surface for about 10 minutes, then wipe it off.
- For general cleaning simply spray the surface and wipe off.
- To attach the trigger, remove the sticker and flip open the cap. The hose is coiled inside the sprayer, so pull it out to its full extension of approx 90cm. Firmly insert the hose tip into the bottle. Once the trigger is connected, make sure the nozzle is set to the “OFF” position after use, and transport the product upright as the product may leak through the breather hole.
To learn more Wet & Forget Indoor, click here.
To see how to set up the applicator trigger, click here and go to the bottom of the FAQs tab.